Where are your New Year’s Resolutions for the Final Quarter of the Year?
We have all been there. We make New Year’s Resolutions for the first day of a new year and by October 15th, we have long since lapsed and wonder what happened. In a recent study of 2,000 people, the top 3 New Year’s Resolutions involved healthy living, losing weight or exercising more.
So what to do now? Halloween Candy is everywhere this month and we are heading into the holiday season. How can we get back on track and focus for the last 3 months of the year?
Here are some helpful tips to keep your fitness and health goals in check.
1) Make sure your fitness/health goals are visible and realistic. Write them in your journal or notebook and look at them everyday. Adjust your morning routine to review your fitness goals for the day/week/month.
2) Plan ahead. If you know you will be attending a holiday party full of seasonal treats and goodies, make sure you are not hungry when you arrive. You will keep your appetite at bay and perhaps truly enjoy just one of those candies or treats.
DID YOU KNOW? One M&M is approximately three calories and in order to burn off those three calories, you would need to walk or run the length of one football field or 100 yards. Check out our October Fitness Challenge on how to burn off our favorite Halloween candies.
3) Forgive yourself and move on. We all know what it is like to overindulge and regret that last bite. Stop for a minute. Realize you may have gotten off track, and move on. Focus on getting back on track for the next meal or the next day. Doing so will shorten the “feel bad” moment and keep your health goals on track.
4) Find a workout buddy. Research shows that having a workout buddy increases your chances of sticking with your fitness goals. While you're catching up, having a laugh, encouraging each other, you're also getting healthier.
5) Do what you love! Achieve your fitness goals with exercises or activities you love. Whether it is dancing, walking, swimming, running, cycling, raking leaves, lifting weights or playing with your children, all of these keep you active. Need some motivation to get started? Our Personal Trainers can help create a custom plan for you. Check out our special Black Friday Personal Training Offer.