PRACTICING HEALTHY HABITS THIS COLD & FLU SEASON
Winter is the height of cold and flu season. Following the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in China, Long Islanders are wondering how to protect their health and safety. While there is no vaccine to prevent the virus, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses.
The Following Advice Has Been Provided By The New York State Department Of Health And The Centers For Disease Control And
1. Long Islanders should go about your daily lives, but practice the
same precautions during cold and flu season.
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
5. Stay home when you are sick.
6. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and dispose of the tissue in the trash.
7. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you experience any symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, seek medical attention.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP TO KEEP THE YMCA COMMUNITY HEALTHY AND SAFE FOR ALL.