“Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors” That’s what the Patchogue Family YMCA is about. Behind all of our programs is the fundamental mission to strengthen our community by strengthening its members; nurturing kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. We are committed to serving all community members who want to take part in our programs and use our space and facilities, always offering extensive financial assistance to those who can’t afford membership fees.
To fulfill that mission, we appeal to those in our community who are willing and able to help our neighbors in need. Because our member fees cover operating expenses, 100% of donations to the Y’s Annual Campaign reaches need-qualified beneficiaries.
Scholarships allowed hundreds of neighbors in need to benefit from enriching and empowering programs including:
• Summer camp, where children make new friends, improve their literacy and develop new skills.
• Swim Lessons, making children and adults safe around water and instilling a life-long love for a recreational sport.
• After school programs, providing safe spaces for children to feel accomplished and build new friendships, and academic support through homework help and STEM programming.
• Early Childhood Education, putting our youngest learners on the right path for life.
• Moving for Better Balance, an evidence-based fall prevention program for older adults.
• Y Diabetes Prevention, an intervention program proven to reduce incidents of diabetes.
Please consider including the Patchogue Family YMCA in your charitable plans, so we can continue to Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open our Doors to all!