At the top of Huntington’s exciting initiatives is the recent groundbreaking for our new 30,000 square foot Healthy Living Center. The new Arlindo and Evelyn Jorge Family Healthy Living Center will be located on the same campus with Huntington’s Louis & Ruth Rauch Family Center and Sammis Family Childcare Center. It is a beautiful, functional space designed to improve our community and local lives.
The state-of-the-art facility will feature flexible, multi-use spaces that will host an array of health-enhancing, youth development, and community enriching programs.
This space will support community members of all ages, from young families with babysitting, youth sports, and STEAM activities, to pre-teens, teens and adults with a new Teen Center and a myriad of fitness classes, to seniors and those facing health challenges, with expanded programming in diabetes prevention and cancer recovery.
Among the exciting new features are:
- A bright new lobby that will provide a gathering space for all ages
- A 7,500 square foot gym with a suspended walking/running track
- A cycling studio that converts to an open air space in nice weather
- Two large multi-purpose adult fitness rooms
- A Teaching Kitchen, Craft/STEAM Room, Child Watch Space, and new Locker Rooms.
You can be a part of the project! There are numerous opportunities, including naming opportunities, to support the construction of the new Healthy Living Center! Our Community Campaign is about to kick off, and we invite everyone to be a part of the Y’s vision to improve the quality of life in Huntington and surrounding communities.