The Assistant SACC Site Director is responsible for assisting the Site Director with overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age Before or After Care program. The Assistant Site Supervisor will create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. The Assistant Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting with ensuring that YMCA policies and Licensing standards are met in regards to day-to day operations including maintaining up to date records, ensuring supervision policies are implemented, guiding the behavior of children, planning and delivering the weekly curriculum and managing staff.
Locations and Schedule (Exact times may vary based on location):
• Massapequa – 7:00AM-9:00AM and/or 2:00PM-6:30PM
• Huntington– 7:00AM-9:00AM and/or 2:00PM-6:30PM
• Valley Stream -2:00PM-6:30PM
• New Hyde Park- 2:00PM-6:30PM
• Assist with maintaining complete and thorough attendance of all students and staff each day. Check the school absentee list, site voice mail, and calling parents if child(ren) are absent, but scheduled.
• Ensure the safety of all children enrolled in the program by following the supervision procedures and Licensing Requirements. Maintain constant head counts when transitioning between different areas and activities.
• Ensure that only the authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact signs a child in/out of the program and include recording time.
• Follow YMCA protocols for dealing with First-Aid and emergency situations. Complete necessary paperwork such as incident reports, medical log, etc.
• Use positive behavior management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA’s Code of Conduct.
• Assist with assigning responsibilities each day including leading activities, helping with snack, homework support, restroom supervision, and clean up as required.
• Ensure all staff function as positive role models and set a positive example through their behavior.
• Promote Y Programs and Camps to families. Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary program environment by ensuring supplies, equipment and tables are cleaned before and after snack or activities. Ensure children wash their hands before snack. Report any maintenance issues to the school custodians and the Site Director and the School Age Child Care Director.
• Assist with leading monthly fire safety drill and log results to meet Licensing requirements.
• Complete 15 hours of professional development within the first six months of employment and then 30 hours bi-annually. Attend all YMCA training and meetings as required.
• Maintain certifications as required including but not limited to CPR, First Aide, Mandated Reporter and more.
• Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
• Adhere to all Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
• Maintain hygiene habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
• High School Diploma required, 9 college credits/degree preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents and school staff.
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and planning skills.
• 1 year of Supervisory experience.
• 1 -3 years working with children in a group setting in Before/Afterschool programs
• CPR, First Aid and AED certifications may be required.
• Experience adhering to Licensing requirements
May be required to drive between YMCA facilities and to training or meetings in various locations. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration please email a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to the specific contact below at your desired location: