POSITION SUMMARY:The Facilities Director must have practical, hands-on working knowledge of custodial services, grounds maintenance, cleaning and sanitizing, mechanical and electrical maintenance, building repairs, HVAC, waste management and pool maintenance of one indoor and two outdoor pools. This position requires much hands-on work with limited staff and requires experience in all facets of building maintenance, interaction with staff, volunteers and public. The ability to function professionally in an unpredictable environment is critical.
1. Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing
2. Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
3. Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
4. Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
5. Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
6. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
7. Participates with other members of management in the YMCA’s fundraising campaign.
8. Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
9. Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
10. Updates facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
1. Bachelor's degree in facility management or a related field or equivalent.
2. Three or more years experience in facility management or closely related field.
3. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
4. Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
5. CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
6. “POOL” and boiler certifications required within 120 days of employment.
7. Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
8. Familiarity with personal computers helpful.
9. Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.