The YMCA is seeking Personal Trainers who will create program designs for individual clients in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. The Personal Trainer will provide clients with expertise in exercise science to enhance wellness and goal achievements.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification required within six month of hire.
- Maintain active status on an annual basis.
- YMCA Sexual Harassment and Child Abuse Training within three months of hire.
- YMCA New Employee Orientation within three months of hire.
- Follow Y-USA training protocol.
- Personal Training Certification.
- Must have knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology and strength and conditioning program leadership and implementation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position.
- Ability to lift 45lbs regularly and 50-100lbs occasionally.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended period of time.
- Has the physical strength in back, arms and legs to be able to sweep and carry items.
- Ability to bend, scoop, kneel, stretch and reach constantly.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration or to request the full job description please email Jeananne.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications.