POSITION SUMMARY:As Member Services Representative, you will provide a welcoming environment for new and prospective YMCA members and staff. You will be responsible for keeping well-informed of YMCA programs and policies, handle billing and registration for programs and membership, and assist with member needs and requests. You will fully understand and be able to connect the needs and goals of the prospective member to the value and benefits of YMCA membership and programs resulting in membership conversion.
- Monday to Friday - 4:30am to 8:30am
- Weekend Availability
Maintains a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others and creates opportunities to speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA.
Endorses and promotes YMCA procedures and policies including (but not limited to): personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures, and membership policies.
Attends and successfully completes on-boarding training.
Answers phones, greets walk-ins, process cash transactions at both main branch front desk and outdoor pool desk.
Generates prospects by working within the community at health fairs, events and with various entities.
Follow up with prospects generated from walk-ins, guest pass users, referrals, community events, etc. as directed, using the information call script to engage the prospect toward an appointment.
Provide facility tours as needed using the needs analysis form and the features/benefits/feedback system.
Maintain a good understanding of all facility and program offerings for all ages and be able to communicate them to prospective members with regards to their specific interests.
Maintain an understanding of health and wellness as it relates to the YMCA.
Work as a team with the Branch Staff Team to support high Branch conversion rates.
Assists in island-wide membership related marketing efforts.
Supports island-wide member engagement challenges/events.
Adhere to all Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
- Sales and customer service experience preferred
- High School diploma; Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing related field preferred
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with pressure in meeting sales goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will or may be required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- Plan, lead and participate in a variety of physical activities.
how to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Minimum: $15.00 p/h to Maximum: $24.75 p/h
Newly hired employees will be paid between $15.00 p/h and $15.98 p/h depending on level of qualifications.
- Signing Bonus
- Free membership to any YMCA of Long Island Branch
- YMCA program discounts
- Sick leave
- Referral Program (earn up to $200 for each)
The YMCA of Long Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an open and inclusive organization, welcoming a diverse workforce free of discrimination based on protected class status, including race, religion/creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital or family status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other impermissible basis.