To instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. To offer a variety of exercise modalities to enhance physical fitness levels through instruction of cardiovascular, strength, flexibility and mind-body practices.
• Glen Cove
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• To lead energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes (Cycle, HIIT, Barre, Kickboxing, Zumba, Senior) that accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
• To answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. To maintain a working knowledge of health and wellness to provide effective information and support to members.
• To build effective, authentic relationships with members; help members connect with each other and the YMCA.
• To keep accurate class attendance records, if required.
• To follow YMCA policies and procedures, to know emergency procedures, to respond to emergency situations and to accurately file an incident report.
• To know and enforce all Facility Rules to ensure the safety of all members/participants, immediately stop any behavior, which in your professional opinion is deemed unsafe, always act maturely and professionally.
• To dress neatly and professionally, with no midriff showing attire.
• To use professional music without obscene language and innuendos.
• To know facility schedules and familiarize oneself with all YMCA programs.
• To have the ability to adjust the workout to accommodate a variety of fitness levels.
• To educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications, and modifications of a move or moves.
• To arrive on time, prepared to begin and end the class on time. On time means you are changed, organized, scan/signed in for the start of your class, available to introduce and welcome new members. 3 late arrivals will result in immediate action not limited to termination.
• To be responsible for using Group Ex Pro for own class coverage when unavailable to teach.
• Use Group Ex Pro for communicating class attendance.
• Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
• First Aid, CPR, AED certification required within six months of hire.
• Certification in areas of expertise. (Yoga, Spinning, Diabetes Prevention, etc.)
• Must have knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, strength and conditioning program leadership and implementation.
• Maintain active status on an annual basis.
• Must be available for day and evening classes.
• YMCA Sexual Harassment and Child Abuse Training within three months of hire.
• YMCA of Long Island New Employee Orientation within three months of hire
• YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification or a national certification (ACE, ACSM AFAA, NASM or equivalent) in group exercise instruction. If incumbent does not have certification at time of hire, must achieve within three months of hire.
• YMCA Listen First within three months of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to the specific contact below at your desired location:
Patchogue – Brittany Mueller, Brittany.Mueller@ymcali.org