The YMCA of Long Island Association Office is seeking an HR Coordinator to join the Human Resources Department. The HR Coordinator will support the HR department and Branch Business Offices by performing all administrative tasks required to successfully on-board employees, track required HR employee trainings, maintain employee information within our HRIS, create and run employment reports and assist with other employee related tasks as needed. The incumbent is detail oriented with the ability to provide effective administrative support to management and employees of the Y. The ideal candidate should possess sound judgment, a general understanding HR laws and principles, excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Assist with the coordination and editing of all on boarding documents including, but not limited to, criminal background checks, reference checks, personnel file documents, employment record changes, the employee database, the training database, employment verifications, staffing reports, etc.
- Assist with recruitment efforts including creating job postings and ensuring vacancies are up to date on the website and job boards.
- Must maintain confidentiality within all aspects of the position and handle sensitive information.
- As part of the HR Department, act as a point of contact for all level of staff in regards to on boarding documents, HRIS database inquiries, staffing reports, paid time off, benefits, and new/rehire processes; respond to questions in a timely manner.
- Assist with the implementation and administration of all HR programs and policies.
- Verify and process HR related invoices. Maintain accurate records and spreadsheets.
- Organize and maintain an accurate filing system for personnel files.
- Responsible for HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) data entry, troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Function as the primary administrator of the Armatus training database.
- Interface with the Branch Business Office Representative and other branch staff as necessary.
- Assist with the processing of employee reports within the HRIS database, interface between HRIS and e-time to obtain all data necessary for accurate reporting.
- Assist in all phases of the administrative portion of the hiring /separation process, including presenting HRIS information.
- Conduct new hire orientation for Association Office staff.
- Train new HR and business office staff on applicable HR paperwork and new/rehire/separation processes.
- Update and maintain personnel files. Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
- Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in human resources a must.
- High school diploma required, associate’s degree or working toward associate’s degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize workload.
- Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to handle high volume of work.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of ADP workforce and/or E-time / time and attendance a plus.
- Human Resources certification a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, email your resume to Krista Mathews, HR Manager, at Krista.Mathews@ymcali.org.
Benefits include PTO, retirement, EAP and staff discounts.