The Counselor will be responsible providing individual and group psychotherapy and developing treatment plans for patients.
- Crisis intervention, patient intake, and orientation.
- Individual and group psychotherapy, including involvement of family and significant others.
- Communication with other staff to benefit patient progress.
- Outreach and case finding.
- Development of and implementation of individualized patient and treatment plans and aftercare.
- Progress reviews of individualized treatment plans and revision of plans based on progress or lack thereof.
- Continuous evaluation of patients including evaluation as part of treatment plans and the evaluation of staff.
- Preparation of reports and necessary correspondence and maintenance of patient records.
- Discharge planning and referral procedures.
- Coordination and consultation with other programs and services on behalf of patients, in accordance with applicable federal and state confidentiality laws.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health Counselor or related field.
- Licensed credential.
- Written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Personal flexibility of working hours.
- Knowledge of family systems theory and some skills in providing brief family therapy.
- Some skill in facilitating and coordinating treatment for the mentally ill.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide information and referral services that are appropriate and accessible.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and school, family and diversity issues.
- Must be flexible and able to work an evening schedule (after 5pm).
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, email your resume and application to Michelle.Schindler@ymcali.org.
$26.00. Comprehensive benefits package including, generous retirement plan, free membership, program discounts, and more.
The YMCA of Long Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an open and inclusive organization, welcoming a diverse workforce free of discrimination based on protected class status, including race, religion/creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital or family status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other impermissible basis.
Please send resume & cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.