The Membership Consultant will focus on providing prospective members with an open and inviting first impression and will work with the prospect toward conversion to membership. A consultative approach based on the YMCA sales model and customer service experience will be utilized to ensure that conversion rates result in achieving Branch goals for new and retained memberships. The Membership Consultant will also work externally within the community to generate prospects. This position will fully understand and be able to connect the needs and goals of the prospective member to the value and benefits of YMCA membership and programs resulting in membership conversion. This position will also manage all in-house marketing needs (schedules, flyers, display boards, etc.). This position will support the scheduling and delivery of birthday parties. This candidate will coordinate and deliver family events to drive household membership sales. Lastly, this position will manage Campsite for the branch.
- Maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others and creates opportunities to speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA.
- Endorse and promote YMCA procedures and policies including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures, and membership policies.
- Assist the Director with creating and communicating schedules, supervision and budget monitoring.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Attends and successfully completes on-boarding training (YMCA sales approach and customer service experience).
- Work together with and support the Membership Department Street Team at community health fairs, events and with various entities (businesses, schools, churches, organizations, etc.), to generate prospects.
- Follow up with prospective members, within 24 hours, toward conversion to membership following the YMCA’s sales procedures.
- Follow up with prospects generated from walk-ins, guest pass users, referrals, community events, etc., using the information call script to engage the prospect toward an appointment.
- Provide tours using the needs analysis form and the features/ benefits/feedback system
- Ask for the sale.
- Maintain a good understanding of all facility and program offerings, for all ages, and be able to communicate them to prospective members with regard to their specific interests.
- Maintain an understanding of health and wellness as it relates to the YMCA.
- Work with the Branch staff team to support and achieve high Branch conversion rates.
- Achieve / exceed all goals related to prospect follow up and new member joins.
- Assist in island-wide membership related marketing efforts.
- Assume opening and closing Director on Duty shifts, as needed.
- Manage and oversee all volunteers and birthday parties.
- Support island-wide member engagement challenges/events.
- Manage all in-house marketing needs for the various departments
- Manage Campsite for the Camp program
- Coordinate and deliver family events to drive household membership sales
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales and customer service experience required.
- High School diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing related field preferred.
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with pressure in meeting sales goals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a variety of physical activities.
- May be required to drive between YMCA facilities and to trainings or meetings in various locations.
- May require lifting up to 25 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications Julissa Carter to at Julissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA of Long Island, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.