The Day Camp Nurse is responsible for carrying out all first aid, supervision of medications, and addressing any medical concerns with campers and staff during Summer Day Camp.
· Provide medical services to both campers and staff, following standards and guidelines presented by the YMCA, its insurance company, the New York State Department of Health and the American Camping Association.
· Be an agent of safety for all campers and staff. This includes taking responsibility for one’s own well-being and the well-being of others. Assist in COVID-19 wellness screenings and health related concerns.
· Arrange for camper and staff medical treatment, as needed.
· Know the proper safety measures and necessary action to take in the event of an emergency.
· Maintain complete records and reports required by the YMCA, it’s insurance company, the New York State Department of Health and the American Camp Association.
· Maintain accurate records of camper’s medical and immunization information.
· Keep accurate inventory of all supplies within area ensuring medical supplies are always functional and stocked.
· Work directly with sports, camp, and preschool directors to review all camper records regarding medical, social/emotional, and physical needs.
· Work directly with campers in need of extra assistance, communicates with unit heads and Camp Director on a regular basis regarding camper needs. Implement action plans with appropriate staff.
· Attend all required pre-camp trainings. Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
· Ensure all camper issues are handled and recorded in a timely and effective manner. Ensure parent communication is handled in a timely and professional manner.
· Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
· Minimum one year of EMT experience, specifically in a summer day camp setting preferred.
· Current Registered Nurse, LPN, or Physician’s Assistant license, recognized by the state of NY, required.
· CPR Professional Rescuers certifications or approved equivalent required.
· Strong communication and relationship building skills.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to the specific contact below at your desired location:
· YMCA at Glen Cove, 125 Dosoris Lane, Glen Cove – Peter Foster, Careers_GC@ymcali.org
· YMCA at Herricks Summer Rec Program, Center Street Elementary School, 240 Center Street Williston Park and Herricks High School, 100 Shelter Rock Road, New Hyde Park – Liberty Ledesma, Liberty.Ledesma@ymcali.org
· Huntington YMCA, 60 Main Street, Huntington- Nicole Dinolfo, HuCamp@ymcali.org
· Patchogue YMCA, 155 Buckley Road, Holtsville- Tina Norbut, Tina.Norbut@ymcali.org