The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the Marketing & Communications Director and will work closely with the team to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies. The role includes assistance in identifying marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as creating materials and executing assets for ongoing marketing campaigns. The role will also include writing internal and external communication materials for various audiences.
1. Work closely with Marketing and Communications Director and collaborate on marketing strategies/campaigns with internal staff and consultants.
2. Design marketing and advertising materials for ongoing campaigns using graphic design software.
3. Develop, produce and distribute marketing materials necessary to promote YMCA programs in accordance with marketing plans.
4. Write and format communication materials such as marketing and advertising copy, statements, and press releases.
5. Act as a brand advocate which involves overseeing and monitoring content presented in all marketing materials and ensuring brand compliance.
6. Prepare marketing templates and tools for distribution to multiple Y branches.
7. Assist in training YMCA staff on marketing tools, digital platforms, and brand guidelines.
8. Plan a mix of promotional approaches to increase participation in YMCA programs and membership engagement.
9. Responsible for creating and deploying content across all YMCA platforms (website, email marketing, social channels, etc.)
10. Help identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
11. Interpret data analytics and prepare a variety of reports.
12. Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. 3-5 years professional experience in marketing and/or communications required.
3. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
4. Computer proficiency in graphic design, social media and content management.
5. Familiarity with Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, and Drupal preferred.
6. Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to explain complex information to diverse groups.
7. Demonstrated experience in both designing and writing copy for marketing materials.
8. Excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
9. Ability to work effectively within a team and independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, email your resume to Tamar Simpson, Director of Marketing and Communications, at Tamar.Simpson@ymcali.org.