The After School Kindergarten Enrichment Program will run Monday-Thursday from school dismissal 2:20pml to approximately 5pm at Countrywood Primary School in the South Huntington School District. The goal of the program is to provide a cohort of Kindergarten children a Math and Reading curriculum that complements school day learning and reinforces the skills students need to successfully meet New York State Kindergarten Learning Standards. The program also incorporates elements of enrichment including but not limited to Science, Physical Fitness, Art, and Family Engagement that will be provided by a number of community partnerships.
The Assistant Teacher supports the Lead Teacher to ensure that families receive quality services which provide for growth in academics, social emotional development, and health and wellness and that the program meets the educational, physical and developmental needs of the program participants. The Assistant Teacher aids the Lead Teacher in planning, scheduling and implementing the daily program, and making daily observations of the children. Responsibilities also include communicating effectively with the team of teachers in the classroom and providing a nurturing and caring environment for the children and families in the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Follow the directions of the Lead Teacher in the classroom.
• Prep classroom activities as needed.
• Maintain active supervision for safety of all children in the classroom.
• Help prepare meals for snacks and lunch.
• Interact/engage with children during all activities.
• Maintain cleanliness of the classroom including sweeping floors, sanitizing tables, dusting furniture, and sanitizing toys.
• Ability to articulate the YMCA mission and programs to staff, volunteers, and community.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people including parents, children, and school district personnel from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Work and make decisions in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
• Maintain hygiene habits in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College experience in a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of two years of experience working with children in a child care setting.
• Bilingual candidates preferred.
• May be required to drive between YMCA facilities and to training or meetings in various locations.
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs.
Fitness Center Monitor
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume, if available, and/or a cover letter to Nicole Dinolfo at to Nicole.Dinolfo@ymcali.org.