In order to be successful in this role, the individual must be caring, respectful, responsible, professional, creative, and passionate about working with young children. The Music/Movement/Yoga Specialist will work with children and teach developmentally appropriate music and movement skills.
- Perform daily and long-range planning for music/movement/yoga program activities.
- Share and discuss lesson plans with the Director and classroom teams.
- Skills with classroom management and creating a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Use effective teaching techniques and strategies during lessons.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development.
- Provide for individual learning differences and learning skills.
- Evaluate student performance and communicate progress and needs to Lead Teachers and/or the Director.
- Maintain any necessary records including attendance, incident reports, daily logs, in compliance with program standards.
- Participate, as requested, in YMCA special events.
- Participate in required trainings, meetings and workshops.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
- Maintain hygiene habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching music and movement/yoga to early learners.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of youth development principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents, and community partners.
- Early childhood education and experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player and able to work with diverse groups
- Ability to play at least one instrument
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate activities.
- Child Abuse Prevention within 30 days of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email Tina Norbut, Youth Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.