Under the supervision of the Youth Programs Director, the Custodian is responsible for ensuring cleanliness and overall maintenance of all UPK program areas. This would include completing assigned maintenance and repair projects, ensuring cleanliness of facility, maintaining equipment, and supporting the Director and teaching staff on a daily basis. The position has a direct effect on the efficient operation of the Y Universal Pre-K program. This person will provide a healthy, safe and clean environment for all members and staff and will display the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Provide friendly and courteous service to all staff, volunteers and families.
- Ensure all maintenance requests are immediately addressed personally and provide follow-up to ensure task was completed.
- Inspect all areas of facility on a daily basis and immediately address all housekeeping and or building issues. Perform cleaning tasks as needed. Review with Supervisor.
- Perform various maintenance and repairs throughout facility, as requested/directed. Prioritize all tasks requests, depending on urgency, for the day.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by illustrating pride through work, enthusiasm and cooperation with co-workers.
- Keep preventative maintenance and service logs on all building equipment.
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and upkeep throughout the facility in coordination the program.
- During inclement weather, e.g., snow, rain, wind, or other emergencies, make sure staff and members will have access to the building, as scheduled, by performing necessary tasks to do so; ensure families and staff have safe access to and from program areas.
- Monitor maintenance of program areas through a systemic method of daily, weekly and monthly facility checklists and visual inspections.
- Ensure the safety and proper functioning of all equipment, furnishings and program conditions. Report and document malfunctions to the Director with appropriate recommendations to remedy the situation.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are met and maintained. Program areas and equipment shall be kept in as new condition. Communicate issues and any changes or concerns directly to the Director. Make recommendation to improve functionality of overall building and implement.
- Follow all Association accounting policies and procedure in regards to purchasing and maintain necessary records.
- Maintain all department equipment. Ensure conservation of resources. Make recommendations for improvement or resources.
- Maintain hygiene habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, staff, members, volunteers and guests.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email Tina Norbut, Youth Programs Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.