The Huntington YMCA is seeking an Assistant Early Childhood Director who under the direction of the Early Childhood Director, will be responsible in assisting with the overall daily operations of the Preschool and UPK programs and serve a leadership role in the summer Kiddie Camp program. The Assistant Director must assist the Early Childhood Director in maintaining licensing status through the NYS OCFS. The Assistant Director will promote a continuity between Preschool and Summer Camp in its curriculum, health and general feel.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, or a Child Development Associate Credential.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
· Current Certifications in CPR and First Aid required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to supervise, mentor, and evaluate staff.
· Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
· Demonstrated commitment to mission driven programming and customer service.
· Ability to articulate the YMCA mission and programs to staff, volunteer, and community.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a variety of physical activities. May be required to drive between YMCA facilities and to training or meetings in various locations. May require lifting up to 25 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration or to request the full job description please email Shannon Cussen, Executive Director, Youth Development and Education at Shannon.Cussen@ymcali.org.
Please include a resume and a cover letter indicating your salary requirements.
Full time Salary- negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including YMCA Retirement Plan, Health, Dental and YMCA Membership/Child Care.