The YMCA at Huntington is seeking an UPK Coordinator who, under the direction of the Early Childhood Director and Assistant Director, will be responsible to assist in the overall to support the daily operations of the Preschool and the UPK. The UPK Coordinator will serve in a leadership role throughout the school year with the UPK and Preschool Teachers. The UPK Coordinator will promote a continuity between the Huntington School District, the Huntington YMCA Preschool and YMCA of Long Island in its curriculum, health and general feel. The UPK Coordinator will develop curriculum for UPK and the Huntington Preschool, that supports and encourages the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of the children. They will also ensure all YMCA, NYS ED and UPK as well as School District requirements are met. The UPK coordinator will lead and facilitate with the teachers in assessing each child within their classroom.
· Implement and design curriculum within the established guidelines, including daily lesson/activity plans for UPK and Preschool programs.
· Will lead and support curriculum development throughout the school year meeting all district requirements and align with NYS teaching guidelines and standards.
· Will order all supplies (equipment & consumables) during summer months in lead up to school year.
· Conduct ongoing, systematic training of staff for observations and evaluations of each child in classroom.
· Help and support in all initial intake for UPK children.
· Conduct parent conferences and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engage parents as volunteers.
· Share, instruct and lead all UPK and Preschool teachers in implantation of the curriculum and center philosophy.
· Mentor UPK Teachers and Preschool Teacher as well as classroom Teacher Assistants to enhance continued professional growth.
· Maintain all records including attendance, incident reports, daily logs, and parent sign in and out book, in compliance with HR procedures, state and other agency regulations as appropriate.
· Maintain classroom equipment, ensure healthy and safe classroom environment.
· Participate in YMCA special events.
· Model and enforce appropriate positive discipline techniques as established by the policies of the center.
· Participate in required trainings and workshops to continue to enhance professional growth. (As per NYS OCFS Regulations of 30 hours every 2 years.) Also lead teacher training around Assessments.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings.
· Works with Child Care Director and assistant director to determine and establish key goals annually.
· Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
· Adhere to all NYS OCFS, Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
· Maintain hygiene habits in accordance with CDC guidelines
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, and New York State Teaching Certification.
2. A minimum of 2 years of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to supervise, mentor, and evaluate staff.
5. Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
6. Demonstrated commitment to mission driven programming and customer service.
7. Ability to articulate the YMCA mission and programs to staff, volunteer, and community.
8. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
9. Ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to plan, lead, and participate in a variety of physical activities. May be required to drive between YMCA facilities and to training or meetings in various locations. May require lifting up to 25 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration or to request the full job description please email Shannon Cussen, Executive Director of Youth Development and Education @ Shannon.email@example.com.
Please include a resume and a cover letter indicating your salary requirements.
Part – time for Summer of 2021, 25 hours per week. In Fall 2021, will be added to Lead Teacher position. Excellent benefits package including YMCA Retirement Plan, Health, Dental and YMCA Membership/Child Care.