The Huntington YMCA is seeking a head coach for our Huntington YMCA Bluefish swim team. Under the direction of the Operations Director/Aquatics Director, the head coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of operating a successful swim team including supervision of all coaching staff and maintaining positive relationships with swim team members, parents and the community. The head swim team coach is responsible to ensure that the Competitive Swim Program is operated under the principles of the YMCA Mission for ALL individuals. Also, to ensure the smooth implementation and day to day operations of the Huntington YMCA Swim Team. They are responsible for coordinating all administrative facets of the Huntington YMCA swim team in cooperation with the other coaches, as well as, to act as the primary deck coach for one age group.
· Knowledge of the National YMCA Competitive Swim/Dive Program or USA Competitive Swimming Program.
· A current certification in YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard
· ARC standard first aid, CPR, AED and Coaches Safety Training, Oxygen Administration
· USA Swimming Registered Coach
· Plan swim meet lineups and provide on-deck coaching at all age group meets
· Work with coaching staff to ensure continuity in athlete development
· Perform various administrative duties, including communication with parents via email, phone and team website (TeamUnify)
· At least 5 years coaching experience
· Interact positively with swimmers, parents, co-workers and the general public
· Must be available to work afternoon and evening schedule throughout the school year, and early mornings during July & August
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Required to drive to themselves to swim meets, meetings and trainings in various locations.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration or to request the full job description please email Anthony Montalbano, Sr. Executive Director at Anthony.Montalbano@ymcali.org
Please include a resume and a cover letter indicating your salary requirements.
The Y. We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.