The Assistant Camp Director under the direction of the Aquatics and Camp Director is responsible providing assistance in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Day Camp Program. Assistant Camp Directors should provide vision, energy, and spirit to make every summer a unique, exciting, and memorable experience, while creating a positive and safe environment for our participants. In addition, the Assistant Camp Director will assist in the oversight of all aspects of camp management, such as promoting enrollment through camp marketing events, interviewing and hiring qualified staff, as well as building the daily camp schedule and calendar of camp events. Must serve as a role model for camp staff, training them in the skills they need to be successful in their camp roles.
1. Assist in managing and monitoring of the day-to-day operations of the Camp program.
2. Assist the Aquatics and Camp Director with all facets of Camp including planning, scheduling, implementation, training, and evaluation.
3. Provides daily oversight and leadership of camp operations. Identifies and solves problems, implements appropriate discipline techniques, and enforces policies and procedures.
4. Ensures programs operate in a quality manner consistent with YMCA guidelines and values.
5. Assist in the hiring, training, supervision, development, and evaluation of program employees; Plans and facilitates components of the pre-camp staff training program.
6. Manages the staff schedule to ensure that staff-to-child ratios are met.
7. Sets up and organizes equipment and supplies for camp activities.
8. Performs the responsibilities of the Day Camp Director during absences.
9. Assists with community relations and establishes parental relations with all members.
10. Ensures the successful growth and retention of program participants and summer campers.
11. Assists in the preparation of the program schedule and registration as needed
12. Maintains constant communication with parents and other staff members regarding program updates and activities.
13. Assists in the completion of camp licensing requirements and in the preparation of all camp inspections.
14. Maintains and enforces high safety standards. Trains staff in emergency action plans and assures compliance with all safety procedures.
15. Participates in all YMCA Special Events, fundraisers, and Annual Support Campaign.
16. Performs any other duties assigned.
17. Adhere to all Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
18. Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
2. A minimum of 1 year of experience in camp administration required.
3. Knowledge of and previous experience in camping, group work, recreation, and related fields.
4. Current Certifications in CPR, First Aid required, and RTE preferred.
5. Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
6. Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel between multiple offsite locations.
7. Strong administrative and organization skills.
8. Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
9. Demonstrated commitment to mission driven programming and customer service.
10. Ability to articulate the YMCA mission and programs to staff, volunteers, and community.
11. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
12. Ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Sondra Vecchio, Aquatics and Camp Director, at Sondra.Vecchio@ymcali.org.
$1,050.00 per week