The Assistant Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Site Director with overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age Before or After Care program. The Assistant Site Supervisor will create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. The Assistant Site Supervisor is responsible for assisting with ensuring that YMCA policies and Licensing standards are met in regards to day-to day operations including maintaining up to date records, ensuring supervision policies are implemented, guiding the behavior of children, planning and delivering the weekly curriculum and managing staff.
· Assist with maintaining complete and thorough attendance records at all programs each day. Check the school absentee list, site voice mail, and calling parents if child(ren) are absent, but scheduled.
· Ensure the safety of all children enrolled in each before and after school site by maintaining supervision procedures and Licensing Requirements.
· Ensure that only the authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact signs a child in/out of the program and include recording time.
· Follow YMCA protocols for dealing with First-Aid and emergency situations. Complete necessary paperwork such as incident reports, medical log, etc.
· Use positive behavior management techniques with both children and staff and support staff while implementing them with the children.
· Assumes leadership role for Site Director when needed.
· Report any maintenance issues to the school custodians and the Site Director and the Operations Director.
· Ensure all staff function as positive role models and set a positive example through their behavior.
· Promote Y Programs and Camps to families. Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
· Assist with leading monthly fire safety drill and log results to meet Licensing requirements.
· Complete 15 hours of professional development within the first six months of employment and then 30 hours bi-annually. Attend all YMCA training and meetings as required.
· Maintain certifications as required including but not limited to CPR, First Aide, Mandated Reporter and more.
· Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
· Bachelor Degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents and school staff.
· Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
· Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and planning skills.
· 1 year Supervisory experience.
· 1 -3 years working with children in a group setting in Before/Afterschool programs
· CPR, First Aid and AED certifications may be required.
· Experience adhering to Licensing requirements
For immediate consideration please email a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and availability to Jennifer.Sauter@ymcali.org.