Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facility/Maintenance candidate is responsible for ensuring cleanliness and overall maintenance of the facility. This would include completing assigned maintenance and repair projects, ensuring cleanliness of facility, maintaining equipment, and supporting staff as assigned or needed. The Maintenance position has a direct effect on the efficient operation of the facility. This person will provide a healthy, safe and clean environment for all members and staff and will display the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
1. Provide friendly and courteous service to all staff, volunteers and families.
2. Assist in ensuring programs, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with Branch, Association and CDC guidelines.
3. Ensure all maintenance requests are immediately addressed personally and provide follow-up to ensure task was completed.
4. Inspect all areas of facility on a daily basis and immediately address all housekeeping and or building issues. Perform cleaning tasks as needed. Review with Supervisor.
5. Under direction of Facilities Director perform various maintenance and repairs throughout facility. Prioritize all tasks via Maintenance Repair requests, depending on urgency, for the day.
6. Contribute to a positive work environment by illustrating pride in job, enthusiasm and cooperation with co-workers.
7. Keep preventative maintenance and service logs on all building equipment.
8. Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and upkeep throughout the facility in coordination the program.
9. During inclement weather, e.g., snow, rain, wind, or other emergencies, make sure staff and members will have access to the building as scheduled by performing necessary tasks to do so. Ensure families and staff have safe access to and from the facility and the parking lots.
10. Assist school security personnel when needed.
11. Monitor closely all building areas through a systemic method of daily, weekly and monthly facility checklists and visual inspections.
12. Ensure the safety and proper functioning of all equipment, furnishings and program conditions. Report and document malfunctions to the Facilities Director or Executive Director with appropriate recommendations to remedy situation.
13. Make continuous rounds on an hourly basis, throughout all areas of the building to make one-self visible and available to members and staff in all parts of the facility.
14. Ensure that the cleaning of the building meets the highest standards. The building shall be kept in as new condition. Communicate issues and any changes or concerns directly to Facilities Director. Make recommendation to improve functionality of overall building and implement.
15. Follow all Association accounting policies and procedure in regards to purchasing and necessary records.
16. Maintain all department equipment. Ensure conservation of resources. Make recommendations for improvement or resources.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
3. Must have a valid NY State driver’s license and clean record.
4. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to Molly Tuzil at Molly.Tuzil@ymcali.org.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary - $16.00 per hour
• Health/Vision and Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance (short and long term)
• Life Insurance
• Full Membership (plus applicable discounts)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid-Time Off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays and floating holidays)
• Retirement Plan (no cost to the individual, 12% of gross salary after 2 years of FT employment)