As Assistant SACC Site Director, you will responsible for supporting the Site Director with overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age Before or After Care program. You will create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. You will also work with the Site Director to ensure day-to-day operations are in line with YMCA policies and procedures, and licensing standards.
- Ensure the safety of all children enrolled in the program by following the supervision procedures and licensing requirements. Maintain constant head counts when transitioning between different areas and activities. Work closely with Site Director to provide active supervision of all children and staff at all times.
- Assist with maintaining complete and thorough attendance of all students and staff each day. Check the school absentee list, site voice mail, and call parents if child(ren) are scheduled to attend but absent.
- Ensure that only the authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact signs a child in/out of the program and include recording time.
- Follow YMCA protocols for dealing with First-Aid and emergency situations. Complete necessary paperwork such as incident reports, medical log, etc.
- Use positive behavior management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Support Group Leaders with discipline issues within their groups.
- Assist with assigning daily responsibilities and support the program, as needed, with leading activities, snack distribution, homework support, restroom supervision, and clean up as required.
- Ensure all staff function as positive role models and set a positive example through their behavior.
- Promote Y Programs and Camps to families. Assist with planning and implementation of special events.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary program environment by ensuring supplies, equipment and tables are cleaned before and after snack or activities. Ensure children wash their hands before snack. Report any maintenance issues to the school custodians, Site Director and School Age Child Care (SACC) Director.
- Assist with leading monthly fire safety drills and log results to meet licensing requirements.
- Complete 15 hours of professional development within the first six months of employment and afterward 30 hours bi-annually. Attend all YMCA training and meetings as required.
- Maintain certifications as required including but not limited to CPR, First Aide, Mandated Reporter and more.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary and assume leadership of the program if the Site Director is not on site, including supervision of Group Leaders.
- Adhere to all Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
- High School Diploma required, 9 college credits/degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents and school staff.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and planning skills.
- 1 year of Supervisory experience.
- 2 years working with children in a group setting in Before/Afterschool programs
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications may be required.
- Experience adhering to Licensing requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will or may be required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations.
- Plan, lead and participate in a variety of physical activities.
how to apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Darryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate of pay:
Newly hired employees will be paid $20.27 p/h.
- Signing Bonus
- Free membership to any YMCA of Long Island Branch
- YMCA program discounts
- Sick leave
- Referral Program (earn up to $200 for each)
- Retirement Plan
The YMCA of Long Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an open and inclusive organization, welcoming a diverse workforce free of discrimination based on protected class status, including race, religion/creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital or family status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record or criminal conviction history, or any other impermissible basis.