The Counselor will be responsible providing individual and group psychotherapy and developing treatment plans for patients.
1. Crisis intervention, patient intake, and orientation.
2. Alcoholism and substance abuse education.
3. Individual and group psychotherapy, including involvement of family and significant others.
4. Communication with other staff to benefit patient progress.
5. Outreach and case finding.
6. Development of and implementation of individualized patient and treatment plans and aftercare.
7. Progress reviews of individualized treatment plans and revision of plans based on progress or lack thereof.
8. Continuous evaluation of patients including evaluation as part of treatment plans and the evaluation of staff.
9. Preparation of reports and necessary correspondence and maintenance of patient records.
10. Discharge planning and referral procedures.
11. Coordination and consultation with other programs and services on behalf of patients, in accordance with applicable federal and state confidentiality laws.
12. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Master’s degree in Social Work.
2. Licensed Master Social Worker credential.
3. Written, verbal, and communication skills.
4. Personal flexibility of working hours.
5. Knowledge of alcohol and other drug use, alcohol abuse and alcoholism and their applications to alcoholism and substance abuse counseling.
6. Knowledge of family systems theory and some skills in providing brief family therapy.
7. Some skill in facilitating and coordinating treatment for the mentally ill.
8. Skills in making alcoholism and substance abuse related assessments and evaluations which consider medical, psychological and social needs of patients.
9. Knowledge of and ability to provide information and referral services that are appropriate and accessible.
10. Knowledge of evidence based practices and substance abuse issues.
11. Must be flexible and able to work an evening schedule (after 5pm).
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, email your resume to Cynthia Lacey, Executive Director, or Michelle Schindler, Prevention Director.