The Member Services Representative will provide a welcoming environment for new and prospective YMCA members and staff. The representative will be responsible for keeping well-informed of YMCA programs and policies, handle billing and registration for programs and membership, and assist with member needs and requests. The Representative may be asked to participate in off-site and/or street team events in the community promoting the mission of the YMCA and the various programs it offers. This position will fully understand and be able to connect the needs and goals of the prospective member to the value and benefits of YMCA membership and programs resulting in membership conversion.
1. Maintains a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others and creates opportunities to speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA.
2. Endorses and promotes YMCA procedures and policies including (but not limited to): personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures, and membership policies.
3. Attends and successfully completes on-boarding training (YMCA sales approach and customer service experience).
4. Answers phones, greets walk-ins, process cash transactions at both main branch front desk and outdoor pool desk.
5. Generates prospects by working within the community at health fairs, events and with various entities (businesses, schools, churches, organizations, etc.); work together as part of the support Street Team.
6. Follow up with prospects generated from walk-ins, guest pass users, referrals, community events, etc. as directed, using the information call script to engage the prospect toward an appointment.
7. Provide facility tours as needed using the needs analysis form and the features/benefits/feedback system.
8. Maintain a good understanding of all facility and program offerings for all ages and be able to communicate them to prospective members with regards to their specific interests.
9. Maintain an understanding of health and wellness as it relates to the YMCA.
10. Work as a team with the Branch Staff Team to support high Branch conversion rates.
11. Assists in island-wide membership related marketing efforts.
12. Supports island-wide member engagement challenges/events.
13. Adhere to all Department of Health and YMCA of Long Island standards, expectations and regulations.
14. Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
15. Other tasks as directed.
1. Sales and customer service experience preferred
2. High School diploma; Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing related field preferred
3. Highly motivated and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with pressure in meeting sales goals
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume if available and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to Julissa Carter at Julissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.