The Graphic Designer reports to the Senior Director, Marketing & Communications and serves as a member of the team providing creative, both traditional and digital, support to advance the YMCA’s mission. Responsible for developing and implementing island-wide creative materials for membership/programs, advertising for paid media, digital marketing, branding, and event collateral. The Graphic Designer will offer a fresh perspective towards TV/print/digital/out-of-home ads, marketing and digital campaigns, graphics and other visuals while maintaining YMCA Brand Guidelines. The Graphic Designer is both a design craftsperson, a self-starter, with expert-level skills and the ability to exhibit user-friendly design and communications relevance. Must be quickly able to shift between “thinking” and “doing” on multiple projects at once, managing design and communications from concept to completion. A team player who can work collaboratively.
• Develop and implement island-wide creative materials for membership/program promotion, advertising for paid media, digital marketing, branding, and event collateral.
• Work collaboratively in a team setting to implement creative feedback and assist in processing of TV/print/digital/out-of-home ads, marketing and digital campaigns, graphics and other visuals while maintaining YMCA Brand Guidelines.
• Create visual concepts that will assist in targeting specific audiences for marketing, advertising, and digital initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Design, Marketing or related field.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a Creative field such as Advertising, Production, Marketing and Communications, or similar, understanding the intersection of digital platforms, marketing, advertising and media.
• Demonstrated design experience through a strong portfolio with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Animation, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Core design skills; ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively. Proven track record and body of work to demonstrate: layout skills, creative services, customer/audience focus, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, and ability to apply constructive feedback.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong interpersonal and time management skills.
• Proficient proofreader that can multi-task and complete projects on tight deadlines in a self-motivated and prioritized manner.
• Adept at using a wide range of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
• Proficiency in or familiarity with CRM & CMS and proficiency in the use of analytics tools is preferred.
• Project management experience/qualifications a plus. Experience of working with agencies or consultant/freelance capacity also desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email Mary-Beth Coursen, Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, at MaryBeth.Coursen@ymcali.org. Please include a resume and cover letter indicating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements. All applicants must provide a digital portfolio when applying or physical portfolio upon interview request.