WE'RE OPEN. WELCOME BACK!
Please take a moment to read all of the below information. Learn what to expect when you visit the Y.
We have implemented new health and safety protocols to adhere to gym and fitness center reopening guidelines from New York State. We are working closely with Nassau and Suffolk County health departments to protect the well-bring of our members and staff. We will continue to review and update our procedures to ensure we remain aligned with governing agencies. Learn more about our YCare&Clean Program below.
Our Reopening Programs are available for full-facility members (ages 18+) and Silver Sneakers members (excluding pool access) at this time. Teen members (ages 13-17) can access our Fitness Centers at designated times (see branch hours) and fitness classes online. Nationwide Membership and Guest Passes are temporarily unavailable.
Y Membership Status
Your membership will be automatically reinstated as of our August 31st reopening. You will be billed your current membership rate on the 15th of every month, beginning September 15. If you already reactivated your membership during our temporary closure (thank you!), you will continue to be billed on the 27th of the month. For Annual Members, your membership will be automatically extended for the period of time the Y was closed.
*Due to COVID-19, the Y will only be accepting major credit and debit cards as payment. Cash and Checks will not be accepted until further notice.
*Online reservations are required for these select programs due to capacity restrictions. Reserve your spot using our Online Reservation System which will OPEN 3 days prior to the scheduled class and will CLOSE 1 hour prior to the class time.
How to Sign Up for a Lap Lane or Fitness Class: Get Website Instructions or Get Mobile App Instructions
- Fitness Centers (no reservation required)
- Outdoor Group Fitness Classes *
- Indoor Group Fitness Classes *
- Pool Lap Lane Activities including swimming, walking, and water exercise *
- Water Fitness Classes (fee-based) Register Now
- Indoor Track (Bay Shore, Huntington, Patchogue locations)
- Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Y@Home Live Virtual Fitness Classes (Zoom) * Learn more here
FALL I PROGRAM SESSION
Runs September 14 - November 21
Sign up for Swim Lessons and Water Fitness Classes (fee-based). Read our Swim Lessons Procedures.
REOPENING INFORMATION & PROCEDURES
WHICH AREAS ARE CLOSED?
- Locker Rooms are closed with the exception of members who have pool lap lane reservations or swim lessons.
- Child Watch is currently closed, as well as indoor play areas.
- Certain pool areas may be closed at times due to capacity constraints and/or social distancing rules.
- Social gathering spaces are closed. Tables and seating are limited and spaced accordingly.
- Coffee and Towel Service will not be available.
- Certain paid programs, activities, and leagues are suspended.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Please bring a face covering/mask* your Membership ID card (or mobile app), workout towel, and water bottle.
- If participating in pool lap lane activity or group fitness class, please bring personal gear needed such as goggles, yoga mat, etc.
- Bags are NOT allowed in our facilities.
*Please follow NYS Guidelines for face coverings: All individuals, including employees and patrons, are required to wear an acceptable face covering (cloth-based covering or disposal mask covering mouth and nose) at all times, with the following exceptions: 1.) Individuals may be permitted to temporarily remove face coverings while eating or drinking, so long as they maintain 6 ft. of distance from others, 2.) Face coverings should not be worn in aquatic settings (e.g., pool, individual shower).