At the Y, we believe cultural and performing arts education not only enriches a child’s mind, but also helps him or her develop confidence and character. We offer a variety of programs for children of all ages. Please check your local branch for exact offerings and program schedules. Our focus areas include:
- Art: introduction to drawing, watercolor, pastels, clay and more.
- Musical Theater: Singing, acting and imaginative play.
- Performance Theater Workshops: Acting skills and techniques.
- Creative Writing: Children learn to express their imaginations through
the written word
- Theater Workshops
○ Ballet (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
○ Creative Expression
○ Hip Hop
○ Irish Step
○ Cheer Dance
VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC LESSONS
Make your own kind of music at the Y’s lessons and classes. We offer group and private opportunities to learn on a variety of instruments including piano, guitar, bass and brass. You can even take a bow at your own recitals and performance. Whether you’re recapturing the music of your youth or you’ve never played a note, our music teachers can get you back in the groove.