Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing when not guarding , as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
9. Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
1. Minimum age of 16.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen.
3. Current YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent.
4. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
5. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
6. YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor Certification must be completed when course becomes available, within first year of eligibility.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Sondra Vecchio, Aquatics and Camp Director, at Sondra.Vecchio@ymcali.org.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary - $18.00 per hour
· Health/Vision and Dental Insurance
· Disability Insurance (short and long term)
· Life Insurance
· Full Membership (plus applicable discounts)
· Employee Assistance Program
· Paid-Time Off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays and floating holidays)
· Retirement Plan (no cost to the individual, 12% of gross salary after 2 years of FT employment)