WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE Y
Our priority remains the safety of our members and staff
We are proud to continue serving our community safely throughout the coronavirus pandemic. It has been a long journey and our road to recovery continues. We are glad to welcome our members back to the YMCA for programs and services that nurture youth development, foster healthy living, and inspire social responsibility.
The YMCA of Long Island continues to update our policies and protocols in accordance with New York State Department of Health and local agencies. Please check back here for regular updates.
UPDATED SAFETY POLICIES
Effective August 6, 2021
- Masks are strongly encouraged for unvaccinated and vaccinated individuals in all facility areas.
- All members and guests should maintain social distancing.
- Proof of vaccine is not required. We will use the honor system for vaccination status.
- Wellness Checks will no longer be required upon arrival.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Members will need to scan their Membership ID cards or barcode on the mobile app.
- Fitness Centers, Pools, Gymnasiums, and Indoor Tracks will resume at full capacity. Equipment will be reopened for use.
- Reservations are only required for select Group Fitness Classes that have limited equipment or space restrictions.
- Locker rooms, showers, and water fountains are now available.
- Additional seating will now be available in the lobby.
- The Y will continue to maintain the highest standard of cleaning that you are accustomed to.
- We ask our members to please wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Fitness Centers
- Indoor and Outdoor Group Fitness Classes (select classes require reservations)
- Pool Lap Lane Activities including swimming, walking, and water exercise
- Water Fitness Classes (fee-based)
- Personal Training
- Small Group Training
- Indoor Track (Bay Shore, Huntington, Patchogue locations)
- Recreational Sports
- Swim Team (fee-based)
- Lifeguard Training & Certification (fee-based)
- YMCA360: FREE with full-facility memberships. Access to virtual programs and classes for adults, seniors, kids and families.
FALL 2021 PROGRAM SESSION
Fee-based Programs for Adults and Kids
Registration starts August 30. Fall Program Session Runs September 12 - November 20.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Unvaccinated individuals should bring a face mask*
- Members should have their Membership ID card or barcode on the mobile app
- If participating in pool activities or group fitness classes, please bring personal gear needed such as water bottle, yoga mat, towel, goggles, etc.
*Please follow NYS Guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after their second dose in a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna), or 14 days after a single dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson).
Y MEMBERSHIP STATUS
Your membership has been automatically reinstated as of our August 31, 2020 reopening. You will be billed your current membership rate on the 15th of every month, beginning September 15, 2020. If you already reactivated your membership during our temporary closure (thank you!), you will continue to be billed on the 27th of the month. For Annual Members, your membership will be automatically extended for the period of time the Y was closed.
*Due to COVID-19, the Y will only be accepting major credit and debit cards as payment. Cash and Checks will not be accepted until further notice.